Through patented production technologies Nissan Chemical has developed an unprecedented water-based zirconia sol. NanoUse ® ZR offers excellent stability at a high concentration with the following points of interest:
- The primary particle size of zirconia in sol is around 7 nm and exists as micro-colloidal zirconia in a globular aggregate form which has a large surface area with excellent binding properties.
- It reaches its equipotential point at pH 5.5~6.5 and is stable in acid and alkali systems.
- Because alkali zirconia sol has properties similar to silica sol, it can be mixed with silica sol. Acidic zirconia sol can be mixed with alumina sol.
- Acidic zirconia sol exhibits good compatibility with alcohols.
- It does not contain chloride ions (Cl), as conventional zirconia sols do.
- High baking strength as well as good burning strength can be achieved.
Additionally, we provide a hybrid sol with an enriched binder function and a micro-particle sol that is doped by yttria so that you can choose the one that suits your specific application.
Properties and applications of NanoUse ZR
- Adherability and coating
- Hydrophilicity; Antistatic property
- Impregnating and filling capability
- Cationic and anionic property
- Fire-deterrent property
- Binding and adherence
- Heat resistance, fire resistance
- Ion exchangeability (inorganic ion-exchange member)
- High specific surface area
- Chemical resistance
- High refractive index
- Deodorizing capability
Particularly effective in the following applications:
- Binder for titanium precision casting
- Electrodes and solid electrolyte for fuel cells
- Carrier and binder for the synthetic catalysts and fuel cells
- Carrier and binder for automotive catalysts
- Filler having a high refractive index for coating materials
- Micro-filler for nanometer composite
- Binder for molding fire deterrent members and ceramics
- Raw materials for fine ceramics
- Polishing slurry
- Surface-treatment agent for ceramics and metals